About a week after my 4th grade career ended, we left on an adventure to Colorado. It was our first out of state road trip as a family and we didn’t know how it was going to turn out. We were prepared for extreme boredom with plenty of movies and books to keep us occupied for the long drive. I couldn’t wait to see the wildlife of Colorado.
Colorado is such a cool place to visit. The last time I was in Colorado it was summer 2005. I had never seen mountains before so it was cool to see them for the first time in real life. There was still snow on the mountains even though it was late June. The trees were a dark green and tall. Winding our way up and down the mountains the snack bags in our car were inflating and deflating. Mountain goats were climbing on the Rocky Mountains with ease and Yellow Bellied Marmots were crawling around looking for food. A great experience I had was falling into a river filled with freshly melted snow. It was cold!
I imagine that Colorado is even better looking in the winter with the trees covered in a light layer of snow, skiers cutting through fresh powder and the wildlife fooling around in the snow. Wow. I can’t wait to go back!
No comments:
Post a Comment